Here is what you need:
- Shredded Wheat Cereal (about 6 or 7 squares)
- Chocolate Chips
- Baking Cups and/or waxed paper
- Peanut Butter- 1 cup
- Jelly Beans (or any candy egg shaped)
- Vanilla Extract 1 tablespoon
- Put the whole bag of chocolate, peanut butter, and vanilla into a medium pot on the stove on low heat.
- Mix the ingredients, stirring frequently until mixture is melted.
- Shred Shredded Wheat squares and stir into the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. (You can add as many squares as you would like, but we usually add about 6 or 7)
- When Shredded Wheat is covered in chocolate-peanut butter mixture, remove from heat and place in a big bowl.
- You can either use baking cups or waxed paper to create “nests” *If you are doing this with kids, baking cups work really well.
- Put “eggs” in nest and let “dry”
*Note- I have a son with a peanut, wheat, dairy allergies, so next year when he could enjoy these, we will have to make tweaks to the recipe. I have been thinking about how to still make these without using the ingredients that he is allergic to. Instead of peanut butter I will use Sun Butter, instead of Shredded Wheat I will use Rice Krispy’s, and I will make sure that I buy all nut free ingredients. I would hate for him to miss out on this fun “baking” experience!
Thank you for stopping by!
What did you think? Does your family have any Easter baking traditions?